- Explore the online learning environment to determine if you are comfortable with this instructor-supported, self-paced approach to learning
- Assess whether the Career Online High School program best meets your educational needs, or if alternative options for high school completion are more appropriate
- Determine if the career field is interesting/appealing
- Demonstrate to the library your commitment to furthering your education through the successful completion of the full Career Online High School program.
Enrollment is limited and the demand is expected to be high. Adults must successfully pass an online self-assessment and prerequisite course, as well as an in-person interview to become an applicant in the program. Successful applicants are entered into a lottery. Each month, a limited number of applicants are selected by the lottery for enrollment in the program. Applicants who are not chosen in one lottery will be automatically entered in subsequent lotteries until all grants have been distributed.
Please note: You must request transcripts from any high school you’ve attended in order for Career Online High School to determine whether or not you will receive credit for any previously completed coursework.
Completing Coursework and Graduating from Career Online High School
Once awarded a scholarship, Career Online High School will pair you with an academic coach, who will welcome you and help you prepare to succeed in the program.
- Virtual Welcome Kit shows you step-by-step how the program works.
- Welcome phone call kicks off a virtual tour of the online campus, which serves as a first-day-of-school orientation.
Log-in to your online classroom via your library’s student recruitment website. The learning management system includes:
- Anytime access to courses
- Instant feedback on lessons and exams
- Tools to keep track of progress such as Gradebook and Pace Guide
- Online learning resources including eLibrary, calendar, and academic support services
- Pace Guide helps you stay on track and move through the program by completing one course credit every two weeks
A full support team is dedicated to helping you:
- Academic coach is there to support you via phone, email, and other social networking tools
- Qualified, certified instructors provide academic support
- Support staff helps you plan for their next career steps
- Technical support is available by phone or email
Career readiness is the key to your success:
- Career-focused, skills-based elective courses
- Biweekly online seminars focused on 21st century skills
- Monthly career webinars to prepare you for workplace realities and job markets
- Career portfolio lessons that teach business writing and help you create resumes and cover letters
Complete the program fully prepared to be successful in your career and in life. You graduate with:
- High school diploma
- Career certificate
- Career portfolio
- Applicable job prep training and skills